Wednesday, November 24, 2004

written 11/23/04 around 11:15pm+ on my laptop

okay, i’m convinced that i do my “best thinking”
1) getting ready for work in the morning
2) driving in my car
3) at night- usually late at night when i’m near the brink of exhaustion
and you know what? these are all 3 scenarios of what? times i’m by myself… apparently, i do my best thinking alone… probably because that’s when i can hear God more clearly… or maybe that’s when He’s able to get through to me. there’s a thought for you. slow down & shut up every once in awhile. no new news to anyone, i’m sure. we all could use this reminder though, right? who said “if you can get a man to slow down & be quiet long enough…He’ll find God”??? or something like that anyway… can’t remember the exact quote or who said it. yup, He’s waiting for us to listen.
i just realized that the way i talk sometimes makes it sound like i never listen to God or spend quality time w/Him… that’s not true. but it’s none of your concern anyway… it’s no-one’s business but mine. there’s a time & place for everything & everyone.
Dr. Wayne Myers & his wife, Martha, came to visit our office today. Very, very enjoyable people. Love them!!!
my laptop is acting screwy… it’s tired & so am i… better call it a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you know what they say God will speak if he can get us to shut up. I am glad God did not say it like that. Well I am just glad he speaks whenever it is.