Tuesday, July 25, 2006

drip... drip... drip...

i recently added the following two quotes to my little quote book… and thought that they were both worth sharing:

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.
-Henry David Thoreau

Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
-Helen Keller


could it be that most go to the grave with the song still in them because they’re too busy trying to attain self-gratification? no, I’m not preaching at anyone… well, maybe a little to myself...
geez… apparently I’m a fan of both Thoreau & Keller… a lot of their quotes have really struck a chord in me.

it’s not a matter of whether or not there’s a song there… it’s a matter of bringing it out… bringing it to the surface... finding your music, your instrument, your rhythm, your voice, your style.

what’s my unique contribution? what’s yours? when do you notice your song playing?
what is it that makes music leak out of your soul?


I can’t believe it’s the end of July already! what?! speaking of which, it's freakin' hot!

p.s. STEPH & MATT are coming for a visit soon! yeah for visits from friends!

No comments: