Wednesday, March 01, 2006

been there- done that- bought the t-shirt.


well, haven’t exactly been “there” yet or done “that” quite yet… but I have bought the t-shirt. What am I talking about? I’m talking about that dream inside every person’s heart… the one that calls out to you & wakes you up in the middle of the night. That thing you would finally do if you had all the money in the world… if there were no boundaries, no walls, no bars… the thing you would do if there was nothing holding you back. What is it that you dream & daydream about? What have you always imagined doing with your life that you haven’t quite done yet?
As for my dream- well, no, I’m not “there” yet- haven’t done it yet- but at least I’ve bought the t-shirt. I’ve bought into my dream… at least I can say that- can you? If you can say “yes” then that’s great, it takes something to own your dream. way to go- you’re on the way to making it a reality. you believe in yourself or God (or both) enough to know that you’re taking the first steps.
For those who haven’t quite owned up to the fact that your life is for a reason bigger than yourself- if you can’t own up to the dream that’s in your heart- or if you lost sight of it 15 years ago- it only takes one decision to turn that around. you CAN own your dreams. I have a feeling that after you decide to buy into what your heart says- after you own your dream- it’ll only be a matter of time before you own your life & are living it… or should I say giving it…?
so, c’mon, whatcha waiting for? as cheesy as it may sound- buy that t-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, this really touched me. I can see who you are while I am reading this, but I can also identify with it, so it is a double blessing for me. Thanks for posting it :-)

Rangga said...

wow, nice words from you... I'm trying now to reach my dream too =)