Sunday, April 17, 2005

from a Starbucks cup... #34

There are no limits on how much the heart can love, the mind can imagine, or the human being can achieve.
-Lynne Cox
Author of "Swimming to Antarctica". She broke the world record for swimming the English Channel.

How cool is it to get an inspiring little message like this from the side of your Starbucks coffee cup in the middle of a business meeting? Yes, it was a little distracting as I spent the next several minutes trying to get a peek at the words of wisdom that might be written on my co-workers' cups. Anyway, thanks Starbucks. :)

Well, i'll catch up with everyone in the near future... i'm having surgery on Tuesday 4/19... and I suspect i will be out of commission for a bit. but don't worry, i'll catch up w/cha later. i will be spending a lot of time reading & journaling as I'm in "recovery mode". among the 6-7 books i'll be reading, I'm going to read Code of the Samurai - i can hardly wait. well, this will give you time to catch up on my blog entries that you haven't read & holla at me in the meantime. peace out- love you all. ~k

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery and recovery. Matt and I will be praying for you. It's no thang! You are a strong chick, I know you'll do really well. We should start a "hot-chicks-with-bad-ass-scars" club. Love you, Kristin, I'll email you later. -Steph

Anonymous said...

We're all praying for you and thinking about you! I hope you get to do all those little things you wanted, like taking time to read more. If you need someone to go to the library for you, I always look for excuses to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Boy do I feel like a jerk. . .Steph's way over in Korea and knows about your surgery and I'm down the road and have no idea what you're talking about?! I'm so sorry! Bad friend! Anything I can do to help? Isaac and I will definitely be praying for your healing! Email/call me!