Monday, May 25, 2009

Daylight will come

My heart and my prayers go out to Melinda & Brian... I love you guys and I'm thinking of you.
Since I realize that the words I offer can only bring small comfort... I'm offering you comfort from God's Word... and what He does and says will last... for all of eternity.

To everyone who might be experiencing loss, I pray that God will envelope you and surround you with His Love... may you feel His arms of peace wrapped around you.
Know that He can be our strength when our hearts run out of faith. We grow weary but He does not. We must look to Him- God is our everlasting hope and our salvation.
He is our Daylight- and Daylight will come.

Isaiah 25:8

He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 33:2
O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every
morning, our salvation in time of distress.

Isaiah 49:14-16
But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me."
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."


1 Corinthians 15:52
In a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Hosea 13:14
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction?

Isaiah 51:3
The LORD will surely comfort Zion
and will look with compassion on all her ruins;
he will make her deserts like Eden,
her wastelands like the garden of the LORD.
Joy and gladness will be found in her,
thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

Lamentations 3:21-23
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Good stuff.