Thanks to CBS, here's some info on how the candidates differ on taxes.
They did a story on how it would affect 3 different families.
If you don't have time to watch the story, here's the breakdown:
- Would eliminate Bush tax cuts for families making more than $200,000
- Proposes $500 tax credits for workers making less than $150,000
- Eliminate income taxes for seniors making less than $50,000
- Proposes 2% Social Security tax on those making more than $250,000
- Proposes raising top tax rate to more than 39%; second highest tax rate to 36%
- Supports making Bush tax cuts permanent
- Proposes doubling personal exemption to $7,000 for dependents (phased in over 10 years for those making more than $50,000)
- Proposes keeping investment income tax at 15%
- Proposes keeping top tax rate at 35%